The Climate Initiative REKLIM, the Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research and the Helmholtz Association are pleased to be your host at this conference. The scientific programme will offer a broad and interdisciplinary spectrum of current international and national research in the field of regional climate change.
At this conference following topics will be addressed:
• Session 1: Regional climate system modelling
• Session 2: Sea level changes from global to regional and local scales
• Session 3: Arctic Change
• Session 4: The land surface in the climate system
• Session 5: Atmospheric composition and climate: Interactions from global to regional scale
• Session 6: Extreme meteorological events and their impacts in a changing climate
• Session 7: Integrated strategies for climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Session 8: Rapid climate change in the past – mechanisms, processes and regional patterns
The conference will consist of plenary meetings, parallel sessions and poster sessions. Internationally well-known scientists will present their keynotes during the conference.
The conference will be divided into two parts
The first part is a three-day international scientific conference from 6–8 October, 2014.
The scientific conference is followed by a German speaking public engagement day on 'Regional climate change – causes and effects' on the 9th of October, 2014 which focuses on the dialogue between scientists and decision makers from the fields of politics, administration and associations.
Online registration for the conference is open until August 30, 2014.
Abstract submission is open until May 30, 2014 (deadline). All conference participants are required to register and pay the conference fee in advance. In the online registration form you can select: registration with or without a paper proposal.
Conference Fee in Euro:
Full fee: 150,- Euro (including lunch and social evening)
Student fee: 80,- Euro (including lunch and social evening)
A limited amount of travel grants will be available for students to attend the conference. See further details at the conference webpage.